RSS

Illustrator of the Week - Ard Hoyt


Ard Hoyt was born in Temple, Texas and some of his very first memories are of being lost in the illustrations and the stories in children's books. He says his "very favorite" is The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf , drawings by Robert Lawson. "These books took me places I had never imagined I could go," says Ard, "and I have been traveling ever since in stories and in pictures of my own."
Ard is a graduate of the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. He's illustrated several books including One-Dog Canoe by Mary Casanova and I'm a Manatee by John Lithgow. Other books include Utterly Otterly Day, The Impossible Patriotism Project, and the brand new The Hair of Zoe Fleefenbacker Goes to School. Ard lives in Arkansas with his wife and three daughters, and a lovable mutt named Lickerish.









0 comments: