RSS

Monsters Love School by Mike Austin Book Review

Monsters Love School by Mike Austin
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: June 24, 2014

Summer is over and we all know what that means--Monster School! As the monsters start their first day of school there is a lot of fear and apprehension, but that all goes away quickly as the monsters begin to have fun.

Another back to school book that tries so hard to be different and yet is boring same. I can't believe I am saying this about a picture book, but there were times where I was actually confused as to who was talking and which monster was supposed to be the one that was scared. I am still not entirely sure if it was all of them, or just the green one. Or the blue one. The story itself was a bit ho hum as all the monsters do at this school is rather normal stuff. If this is Monster School then I feel like there is so much more that the author could have done with this story. I know that there are so many of these stories out there, but it is for that reason that making a story like Chu's First Day of School or Planet Kindergarten work so much better.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate the constructive kind of comments to discuss when I PB 'goes wrong'. Hardly anyone does, and that can't be good for the future of PBs - so thanks - a lot!