RSS

This Old Band by Tamera Will Wissinger Book Review

This Old Band by Tamera Will Wissinger
Illustrations by Matt Loveridge
Publisher: Sky Pony Press
Release Date: June 3, 2014

Sung to the tune of 'This Old Man', This Old Band is a fun song/story where cowboys play jugs, combs, boots, and sticks out on the open range. I absolutely loved this toe-tapping story with a great cast of characters. If I was ever going to make a video of myself "reading" a book, this would definitely be one of my first choices. At first, I was a bit turned off by the clearly computer generated illustrations, but found that the characters were so lively that a few pages in I had changed my mind. Perhaps my favorite moment in the story is when one of the characters begins to sing the wrong song (Home Home On the Range) and I think kids would really think this is fun.

A fantastic read-aloud that is sure to have kids tapping their toes and singing along.

0 comments: