RSS

Hermelin: The Detective Mouse by Mini Grey

Hermelin: The Detective Mouse by Mini Grey
Publisher: Johnathan Cape, Knopf Books for Young Readers
Release Date: August 5, 2014

Hermelin is a noticer. He is also a finder. He is also a mouse. The occupants of Offley Street are delighted when their missing items are found, but not so happy to learn that their brilliant detective is a mouse. 

Perhaps it was The Great Mouse Detective that has given me a small soft place for detective mouses, but I absolutely loved this story. It was cute, memorable, well-drawn, that can be read over and over again. There was so much going on each page, but not in a way that felt overwhelming, but rather in a way that made you want to study each page carefully to be sure you didn't miss anything. I have to say, this is my favorite Mini Grey book so far. 

I really loved this book and I think it will find quite a few young readers who may also fall in love with detective mouses.


0 comments: