RSS

Hug Machine by Scott Campbell Book Review

Hug Machine by Scott Campbell
Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Release Date: August 26, 2014

Who have YOU hugged today? One little boy has made it his mission to be a human Hug Machine. Whether big or small, soft or spikey, no one can resist his unbelievable hugs. Mission accomplished.

Although this was a a cute book with nice pictures, I am pretty ho hum about it. Don't get me wrong, it was sweet and funny. I mean, the measures this child goes to in order to hug a porcupine is a laugh out loud moment, but it wasn't standout. As an adult, I also thought it was a little strange that this little boy wanders around hugging everyone and everything. If you have a kid who doesn't seem to understand the phrase "stranger danger", then you may want to avoid this one. This child goes by the same rule that my mother lives by, "A stranger is just a friend I haven't met yet." My mother and I don't always agree.




0 comments: