RSS

If You Happen To Have A Dinosaur by Linda Bailey Book Review

If You Happen To Have A Dinosaur by Linda Bailey
Illustrations by Colin Jack
Publisher: Tundra Books
Release Date: May 13, 2014

If you happen to have a dinosaur just lying around and you aren't sure what you can do with it, may I suggest a can opener? Or a nutcracker? There are so many uses for random dinosaurs from umbrellas to kites to pillows, never mind that a dinosaur could scare off any potential burglars. Oh, and the whole dinosaur ate my homework excuse would be very fitting.

A cleverly silly book, If You Happen To Have a Dinosaur simply sings with fun. The jokes and asides are perfect for its intended audience and will be sure to keep parents smiling even after the hundredth read. I also cannot forget to mention Dreamworks illustrator Colin Jack whose cartoon style is distinctive and full of life. Perfect for the dinosaur lovers, which in my experience is just about every little kid I meet at some point in their young lives.

I also suggest a quick snoop around Colin Jack's blog. There is a fantastic video on the making of the illustrations for this book (that I cannot embed in this post) that will fascinate adults and children alike.

0 comments: