RSS

Send for a Superhero! by Michael Rosen Book Review

Send for a Superhero! by Michael Rosen
Illustrations by Katherine McEwen
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Release Date: May 27, 2014

A father reads his children a bedtime story, one with action and adventure and two villains, Filth and Vacuum who plan on sucking all the money out of banks. Is there no superhero who can stop them? Can a superhero like Extremely Boring Man whose superpower is putting people to sleep?

I hated and loved this book. I absolutely love a picture book comic book format. That part of the story was engaging, action packed, and perfect. What I didn't like was the weird side story where the father is reading the book to his children. It was very 'Inception' like, with a book within a book that was within another book. Then again, a book featuring a father reading to his children is also something special so I think I can give this one a free pass. Besides, superheros are awesome!

0 comments: