RSS

The Baby Tree by Sophie Blackall Book Review

The Baby Tree by Sophie Blackall
Publisher: Nancy Paulsen Books
Release Date: May 1, 2014

Sooner or later, every child will ask, Where do babies come from? The answer, it seems, it terribly complex involving seeds and trees and birds. Eventually, he is told the truth, but not before some very confusing answers.

I am not a parent, but I imagine that this question is enough to send some parents into a panic, especially when asked by a four-year old. It seems that the parents in this story do the right thing by telling the truth, but shame on all those adults for confusing this poor kid with their ridiculous stories. I mean, I guess you could treat anatomy and reproduction like Santa Clause, but that seems incredibly irresponsible. Yes, yes, this is my own opinion. However, it is this exact reason that this book exists.

So far, I don't think I have read a terrible book on reproduction for little ones. Some are overly simplistic, but most do the job they were intended for. This one is cute in that is feels a bit more like a picture book rather than a didactic issue pamphlet. Although, I do suggest having this one handy before your kid asks the question. Perhaps it would make a good baby shower gift?


Because I couldn't resist:


0 comments: